Readers’ Choice Contest for Published Authors
The 2015 New England Readers’ Choice contest for published authors is to award excellence in published romance fiction. The contest is judged exclusively by readers, librarians and booksellers. The first place winners in each category are awarded an engraved trophy and a certificate. The second and third place winners in each category are awarded a certificate. Winners announced on our website, in our newsletter, and in RWR. Eligibility:
- Books must have a 2015 copyright date and must be postmarked by February 1, 2016.
- Entry fee is $25 for each title submitted. An author may submit more than one 2015 released book with separate entry form and fee for each title.
- Author must submit three autographed copies of the entered book. Books will not be returned and are given to the judges as thank you gifts for judging.
- All books must be in print format, including self-published books.
- No membership requirements.
- Finalists will be notified by March 30, 2015.
- Winners announced at our 2016 Let Your Imagination Take Flight conference, April 29-30, 2016 and the awards presented at our awards breakfast.
Categories for entry:Short Contemporary, Long Contemporary, Romantic Suspense, Historical, Erotic Romance, Futuristic, Fantasy, Paranormal or Time Travel , Novella, and First Book (Any category with less than eight entries will be incorporated into another category if possible. Entrants should suggest an alternate category.) Judging:
- Judges give each entry a score of 3-10 (10 being the highest).
- The judges’ decisions are final.