Readers’ Choice Contest for Published Authors
The 2017 New England Readers’ Choice contest for published authors is to award excellence in published romance fiction. The contest is judged exclusively by readers, librarians and booksellers. The first place winners in each category are awarded an engraved trophy and a certificate. The second and third place winners in each category are awarded a certificate. Winners announced on our website, in our newsletter, and in RWR.
- Books must have a 2016 copyright date and must be RECEIVED by January 6, 2017.
- Entry fee is $25 for each title submitted. An author may submit more than one 2016 released book with separate entry form and fee for each title.
- Author must submit three autographed copies of the entered book. Books will not be returned and are given to the judges as thank you gifts for judging.
- All books must be in print format, including independently published books.
- No membership requirements.
- Finalists will be notified by March 1, 2017.
- Winners announced at our 2017 Let Your Imagination Take Flight conference, April 7-8, 2017 and the awards presented at our awards luncheon.
Categories for entry: Short Contemporary (35,000 – 54,999), Long Contemporary (55,000 +), Romance with Religious or Spiritual Elements, Romantic Suspense, Historical, Erotic Romance, Paranormal, and Novella. (Any category with fewer than eight entries will be incorporated into another category if possible. Entrants should suggest an alternate category.)
- Judges give each entry a score of 3-10 (10 being the highest).
- The judges’ decisions are final.
Are you a reader interested in judging? Fill out our Judges’ Information Web Form. If you’d rather print and mail or email, you may use these Judges’ Information Form.pdf or Judges’ Information Form.doc and send it to our coordinator. All instructions and contact information are on the form.