(Go to Readers’ Choice Contest for published authors)
The First Kiss Contest will not be held this year. Please check back on fall of 2015 for next year’s contest.
Readers’ Choice Contest for Published Authors (Go to First Kiss Contest)
The 2014 New England Readers’ Choice contest for published authors to award excellence in published romance fiction. The contest is judged exclusively by readers, librarians and booksellers. The first place winners in each category are awarded an engraved trophy and a certificate. The second and third place winners in each category are awarded a certificate. Winners announced on our website, in our newsletter, and in RWR. Eligibility:
- Books must have a 2014 copyright date and must be postmarked by February 1, 2015.
- Entry fee is $25 for each title submitted. An author may submit more than one 2014 released book with separate entry form and fee for each title.
- Author must submit three autographed copies of the entered book. Books will not be returned and are given to the judges as thank you gifts for judging.
- All books must be in print format, including self-published books.
- No membership requirements.
- Finalists will be notified by March 30, 2015.
- Winners announced at our 2015 Let Your Imagination Take Flight conference, April 24-25, 2015 and the award presented at our awards breakfast.
Categories for entry: Contemporary, Romantic Suspense, Historical, Erotic Romance Futuristic; Fantasy; Paranormal or Time Travel , and Young Adult (Any category with less than eight entries will be incorporated into another category if possible. Entrants should suggest an alternate category.) Judging:
- Judges give each entry a score of 3-10 (10 being the highest).
- The judges’ decisions are final.